06 sep Group Legal Counsel Carglass Benelux
About the Company
Carglass is part of Belron, the world’s leading vehicle glass repair and replacement group, operating worldwide across 35 countries and employing over 27,000 people. Belron’s subsidiary Carglass is leading the vehicle glass repair and replacement business in Europe. Carglass operates across 26 countries worldwide to ensure that all customers receive the best quality service.
The business and legal work in the Benelux is expanding rapidly by entering new markets, management of a multi brand VGRR (vehicle glass repair and replacement) business in the Netherlands and new opportunities will arise in the future. Moreover, Belron intends to set up franchise business in new markets, not only focussing on glass repair but also including basic car repair services.
Following the rapid growth of the organization, we seek to recruit a pragmatic, business-driven legal counsel, who will provide legal support for the Benelux region. The role is a new position.
The overall purpose of the job is to advise and support the operative business units in the Benelux, Hungary, Turkey, Greece and to provide general legal support to the central Marketing Team, the international key account managers and Belron Franchise business. Furthermore you will be advising on and monitoring legal compliance. The role will be primarily based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands with regular travel to Hasselt, Belgium, but will have an international focus as well. The role holder will spend about 50% of his/her time on work in the Benelux region and about 50% on other projects outside the Benelux.
The legal counsel will primarily work with the team members of the Legal Department in Eindhoven and Hasselt and with the Senior Group Legal Counsel in Egham, United Kingdom. As part of the Belron Legal Team, the legal counsel will have regular contacts with Legal Team members in Cologne, Zug (near Zurich – Switzerland), Moscow, Stockholm and Paris. There will be frequent contact with the management teams in the Benelux countries and other European countries (like Hungary and Turkey)– cross-cultural sensitivity is essential.
Primary responsibilities and accountabilities are:
- Drafting, checking and negotiating all kinds of commercial contracts (e.g. supply-, service-, cooperation-, IT-, marketing, support acquisitions and franchise business);
- Drafting, checking and negotiating rental agreements;
- Checking advertisements and marketing claims (radio, print, TV, website, social media) and support central marketing initiatives;
- Settlement of disputes, litigation, advertising challenges;
- Trademark defence and Domains in co-operation with the Trademark Department in Zug, Switzerland;
- Corporate governance and legal compliance;
- Interface with Belron Legal Department and outside counsel;
- Providing support and drafting the necessary documents in relation to specific projects (Quality & Safety, business development, new developments in automotive sector).
The Group Legal Counsel will have or be:
- At least 4-6 years of professional experience, gained as an attorney-at-law at (international) private practice and/or as in-house counsel in an international environment;
- Extensive knowledge of general contract law; preferably additional experience with competition law and rental agreements;
- Common law experience is a strong benefit;
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Fluent in English and Dutch. French language would be preferable, but not a must;
- A good commercial sense, to understand legal issues in the Benelux quickly and provide commercially sound and practical solutions to the business units in the respective countries;
- A down to earth and hands-on business partner, who is capable of working in a very dynamic business environment, offering pragmatic solutions to the business units, whilst preserving legal compliance
- Ability to manage stakeholders within the business and work on own initiative;
- Willing to work internationally – the role may require semi regular travel to UK, Greece, Hungary and (occasionally) Turkey.
The Legal team of Carglass (and Belron International) offers you a challenging position within a dynamic international environment. Great career opportunity for an ambitious and business-driven legal counsel to work in a cross-cultural setting. Good benefit and compensation package.
If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply or receive further information, please contact Robert Tol or Hielke Bruin. Discretion is guaranteed.