08 Oct Head of Legal – Curaeos (CLOSED)
Curaeos is the parent company of a rapid growing vertically integrated multi branded dental platform with a broad range of activities within The Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Germany and Italy. The organization is Europe’s biggest dental player, serving over one million patients and with numerous dental labs and over 220 clinics. Curaeos acts as a multi-functional service organization for these clinics, allowing the dentists to fully focus on providing patients with the best possible care. All local activities are supported by a strong team of professionals, which enable further professionalization and growth.
The company is headquartered in the Netherlands and has been acquired in December 2017 by Swedish private equity firm EQT, which supports Curaeos’ European expansion with expertise and an international network. Following EQT’s acquisition, Cureaos has set the ambition to more than triple its business and grow to over 1.000 clinics within Europe, strengthen its number 1 position in the region and improve customer and patient services.
Curaeos has a demonstrated track record of acquiring clinics in its various markets. It’s proven and scalable business model provides dentists with the best possible support, while retaining local entrepreneurship. EQT believes this combination will ensure best-in-class care for patients, and thereby result in Curaeos becoming the dental chain of choice for patients and dentists.
The current and expected size of Curaeos will bring more focus on integration (how can the economies of scale be used and how can a cohesive organisation be created) and on running the operational side. Currently the strategy and organizational structures are being implemented. The increased size, scope and complexity of the business and its environment, as well as rapid and impactful changes therein, require continuous adapting and strengthening of the organization, its leadership and -capabilities.
The Head of Legal role is a new position in the Curaeos Group and created to co-drive key (strategic) initiatives. The Head of Legal will actively participate in the senior management team.
Priorities of ExCo and MT are to expand aggressively, organically and through a buy and build agenda in its current regions: The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Italy and Denmark, while strengthening a ‘retail/consumer/customer’ way of working. Main focus will be to drive a retail/consumer value throughout the chain, creating (scaling) efficiencies. The company wants to be the frontrunner in providing best in class care for patients and customers involving tech, insights, customer centricity, etc., potentially broadening the product/service portfolio and managing continuous revenue and ebitda growth.
As Head of Legal you will provide a broad range of legal advice, and organize and lead the Legal function, both in The Netherlands and abroad.
Initial priorities will be to assess the current status of the group’s legal processes, capabilities and the quality of legal records as judged against world class standards for an efficient and effective legal function across the group. You will identify and prioritise issues that need to be addressed in the short term to establish such a function, manage all necessary actions to facilitate corporate compliance and meet regulatory requirements.
You will assist with interim and annual external audit and with recurring vendor due diligence / lender communication in the context of financing activities. The Head of Legal is the go-to person for all whistleblower and other compliance related matters and will liaise directly with the CEO in this regard. For regular Legal matters the Head of Legal will report to the CFO.
- The new Head of Legal will need to be entrepreneurial, dedicated and flexible; the ability to think outside the box will enable the Head of Legal to be successful in managing Legal & Compliance matters, from a holding perspective overseeing an agile group of companies.
- General profile specifics are:
- A qualified lawyer (Dutch/German) with at least 10-15 years PQE, both within a top tier law firm and as in-house counsel, including relevant experience in a private-equity backed corporate environment;
- Dedicated business lawyer with experience in corporate, finance, M&A projects, commercial contracts processing, governance and board/supervisory board support, regulatory & compliance matters and cost efficient outside counsel management;
- Experience with banking and finance agreements is a distinct advantage, experience in the (dental or) medical field will be a plus;
- Seasoned boardroom advisor with cultural and mental flexibility and an agile working style: highly skilled with can-do & pro-active approach and pragmatism;
- Fulltime position at HQ with the ability and willingness for ad hoc travel;
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
Head of Legal position, member of the senior management team. Key role within a highly entrepreneurial international operating company, backed by best in class private equity partners. Broad scope and involvement. A strategic function, with high impact. Fulltime position at the heart of the company, currently located in Oosterhout (NB).