02 apr Legal Counsel and Data Privacy Liaison – Fresenius Medical Care (Successfully filled)
Fresenius Medical Care is the world’s leading provider of products and services for people with chronic kidney failure. The company cares for more than 345,000 patients in their global network of around 4,000 dialysis clinics and operated 45 production sites in more than 20 countries, to provide dialysis products such as dialysis machines, dialyzers and related disposables. Dialysis products and services are offered in around 150 countries and one of two dialysis machines worldwide are made by Fresenius Medical Care. The revenue in 2019 was around 17,48 billion euros and the company keeps on growing, despite COVID-19 crisis.
Fresenius Medical Care is part of Fresenius Healthcare Group, headquartered in Bad Homburg, Germany. The organization also has regional headquarters in the Americas and Asia-Pacific. The Benelux region is supported by a team based in Den Bosch area and Antwerp area.
Currently we are recruiting a Legal Counsel and Data Privacy Liaison supporting the Benelux team.
As a sole legal counsel for the Benelux region the Legal Counsel and Data Privacy Liaison will be responsible for providing legal support in the broadest sense of the word. Work varies from advising and legally guiding the regional business support on commercial matters, drafting, reviewing and negotiating various (inter)national contracts, advising the Benelux Board of Management on commercial, corporate and M&A matters and assuring the company fulfils data privacy regulations. You will be actively involved in business and corporate transactions and acquisitions. In this role you will serve the organisation by pro-actively providing high quality yet pragmatic legal guidance. When needed, you ensure that adequate external (legal) support is involved timely and efficiently.
As a member of the Global Legal Function, you will work in close cooperation with the Benelux business organization (incl. Management Boards) and the Regional Data Privacy Team. You will functionally report to the Global Legal Function via the Regional General Counsel, based in Germany, with a dotted line to the local Management. You will work at the premises in the Netherlands and Belgium. The position may require occasional travelling to Germany.
The Legal Counsel and Data Privacy Liaison should have broad knowledge in general (inter)national commercial contracting and corporate law. Since the position also partly focuses on data privacy , knowledge of the GDPR is preferred though not required. Additionally:
- Dutch or Belgian master’s degree in law combined with at least 4 years relevant working experience, preferably gained as in-house counsel and attorney at an international (law) firm;
- proven knowledge of/experience with corporate law, commercial/contract law, M&A and other specific business-related laws and regulations (medical devices);
- knowledge of data privacy related to medical devices and patient data as well as contact with compliance topics (as a lawyer) is considered a strong pre;
- a flexible, highly motivated, independent, ethical, strong backbone, proactive and pragmatic way of working;
- great communication skills, ability to convey when necessary;
- fluency in English and Dutch both verbal and written, French is considered a pre.
Working for a global medical devices company that can expand its network -despite crisis- and will keep on growing. Working in the Netherlands as well as in Belgium in a flexible way. Good remuneration package, including car (lease), non-contributory pension and a yearly bonus.
Den Bosch area, the Netherlands
Antwerpen area, Belgium