06 sep Legal Counsel Corporate & Projects – BNP Paribas (Successfully filled)
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a global provider of financial solutions to corporate and institutional clients. Also, BNP Paribas (CIB) is to be considered as a leading bank within the eurozone and a prominent international banking institution. With almost 30,000 people in 57 countries across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), Asia-Pacific and the Americas, the organization offers solutions tailored to all its clients across capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and financial advisory. A globally-recognised leader across multiple disciplines, the areas of their expertise include structured financing, derivatives and risk management, among others. Acting as a bridge between its two client franchises (‘corporates’ and ‘institutionals’), it aims to connect the financing needs of corporate clients with the investment needs of institutional investors.
In a dynamic and future-oriented organisation, the Legal Team in Amsterdam is looking for a Legal Counsel Corporate & Projects who is able to manage all BNP Paribas (CIB NL) legal entities. This means you are able to draft power of attorneys, board resolutions, shareholders resolutions, articles of associations etc. and work with internal systems to manage the entities. As BNP Paribas SA Branch is (also) providing services to Dutch entities of BNP Paribas CIB (CIB NL Entities), you will be responsible for treasury, company secretarial and rendering effective legal advice and assistance in the preparation of legal opinions, studies, reports and correspondence as required from time to time by offices in- and outside the Netherlands.
Besides above you will be involved in projects like E-signature, GDPR, review of the templates, archiving, review procedures, MIFID 2 and harmonising Dutch terms and conditions to European terms and conditions together with the BNP colleagues outside the Netherlands.
When it occurs, you will draft and review (inhouse) contracts, such as NDA’s, tender documents, supplier contracts, general terms and conditions, loan agreements, securities (guarantees and pledges), international cash management (physical and notional).
Finally, as legal counsel you will support other BNP Paribas group entities from other countries with legal queries that could arise.
- A pragmatic, driven and hands-on business lawyer, a Master’s degree in Dutch Law, with at least 4 years PQE in a law firm, notary firm (corporate law), preferably supplemented with experience in a trust organisation or financial institution (corporate law);
- Strong analytical skills, pro-active and independent worker combined with a (internal) client focus;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing in Dutch and English. French is a pre;
- Ability to analyse legal issues quickly and to provide comprehensive and pragmatic solutions;
- Ability to draft and edit a variety of documents (both in Dutch and English), such as: loan agreements, transfer of shares agreements, power of attorneys, articles of association;
- Preferably specific knowledge of the business of financial services companies and related legal and compliance regulations;
- Ability to advise on matters related to corporate housekeeping, legal (re)structuring and to organise shareholders and board meetings;
- Basic knowledge of Dutch corporate income tax and value added tax.
A challenging legal inhouse role within a highly empowered team of both business and finance-oriented lawyers, working in a dynamic international environment. Unique possibilities to learn, to grow and to develop skills and an international network within a leading banking institution. Also the ability to work abroad after a few years.