29 dec Legal Counsel – Optimum Group (Successfully filled)
Optimum Group is a leading Northern European label printing group, with 12 locations across the Benelux, Germany and the Nordics, catering for a large variety of end-markets including Food & Beverage, Consumer, Personal Care and Healthcare. As of 2018 IK Investment Partners is the majority shareholder of Optimum Group. In the past 2,5 years the group has shown strong growth, with six add-on acquisitions (including three during the current pandemic), tripling revenue (currently close to EUR 200 MIO) and expanding outside Benelux with footholds in Germany and Denmark. For the upcoming years significant further (M&A-led) growth is expected.
To strengthen and professionalise the current organisation, both in operational business matters for group opco’s and in corporate matters working together with IK Investment Partners, Optimum Group is seeking to set up the legal function for the group, with a base in Breda. As such, we seek to recruit an entrepreneurial, experienced, and proactive Legal Counsel (about 6-9 years PQE).
More information about Optimum Group, including the investment strategy of IK Investment Partners can be viewed via this link.
As a Legal Counsel you will be building the legal function and play a key role in advising and supporting the group’s Management and the Board on a broad range of topics. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- day-to-day legal support to the business, Management and the Board on various corporate and commercial matters;
- supporting Management and the Board on M&A transactions;
- establishing basic group legal processes;
- reviewing in- and external legal documentation;
- supporting HR on employment topics;
- interacting with lenders (a.o. KYC topics);
- supporting post-acquisition integration and implementation from a legal perspective;
- managing (potential) business disputes;
- liaising with outside counsel on specific topics.
In this role you will directly report to the CFO on the day-to-day business as well as to the Board (including the majority shareholder). As the position will be the first in-house counsel for Optimum Group, the new Legal Counsel will have a strong impact on ‘creating the Legal function’ within the group of companies.
To be successful in this position you will at least have:
- a Dutch Master’s degree in law (LLM) and approximately 6-9 years relevant (international) working experience with an international law firm, preferably combined with experience as in-house counsel;
- sound experience in corporate and commercial law and M&A;
- knowledge and/or experience with employment law;
- experience with a PE setting is a plus;
- fluency in Dutch as well as excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written, German and/or Danish is considered a pre;
- a flexible, stress-resilient, independent, creative and pragmatic way of working.
Optimum Group will offer its Legal Counsel amongst others:
- an opportunity to build and lead the legal function in an international and fast-growing organisation with over 900 employees;
- a competitive salary;
- the possibility to partially work from home;
- a 40 hours workweek, however 32 hours can also be discussed.
As Optimum Group is evolving and expanding rapidly throughout Europe, the organisation is growing at the same pace and there are multiple opportunities for personal growth.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Judith van Haersma Buma or Hielke Bruin at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or phone: 0854880000. Discretion is guaranteed.