06 Sep Legal Operations Specialist – PVH Europe
PVH Europe & The Legal Team
With a history dating back over 135 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. Over 35,000 associates operate in over 40 countries generating $8.2 billion in annual revenues. The company owns iconic brands like CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER and markets a variety of goods under licensed brands. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The PVH Europe offices are located in Amsterdam.
The Legal Department is run by an international, dynamic and close-knit team of 28 people. The ambition is to develop a state of the art legal function and be a great place to work. Key expertise areas are Corporate & Commercial, Intellectual Property, Brand Protection, Regulatory Compliance, Privacy and Employment Law.
To further develop the Legal Department PVH will add a Legal Operations Specialist to the team, reporting to the VP Legal Affairs. In this new function you will help the legal team identify, analyze, implement and coordinate opportunities to optimize the operational and organizational aspects of running a top notch in-house legal function.
Responsibilities include leading and/or supporting
- project management relating to topics such as
o Contract Lifecycle Management
o Knowledge Management
o Cross functional projects led by the Legal team
- workflow / process analyses, unbundling and improvement identification
- (legal) tech / tool identification, selection, implementation, evaluation and support
- outside counsel and supplier management (including selection, instruction, billing, evaluation etc.)
- team communication
- training / education / support / self-help tools for legal and business colleagues
- financial management / cost management / performance management
- management information, analytics and reporting
- department strategy & planning process
- internal communications
- cross functional alignment
- a legal education at bachelor level or higher (or comparable legal knowledge)
- > 3 years of relevant experience in a legal services environment
- knowledge of- and experience with legal working processes and process optimization
- affinity with (legal) software / technology (preferably prior experience with tools such as Effacts, Sharepoint, Docusign etcetera)
- affinity with outside counsel / vendor management
- affinity with financial- and quantitative analyses and reporting
- solid project management knowledge and experience
- structured and accurate with an eye for detail
- pro-active, analytical, creative, practical, self-starting
- excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- cooperative, persuasive, persistent, natural negotiator, team player
- potential and ambition to develop toward a functional managerial level
- fluent in English, both spoken and written
The Legal Operations domain is relatively new with a lot of potential to optimize legal coverage, quality and efficiency which PVH is eager to develop. This makes the Legal Operations position an interesting and challenging role in a dynamic international environment within an empowered team of business driven legal professionals.
- active support for personal growth and developing yourself as a top notch legal operations professional including training / education and on the job guidance and support by an outside specialist
- a professional but casual work environment in a work hard / play hard culture
- a diverse and inclusive culture
- a competitive remuneration package