06 Sep Senior Corporate Counsel – SBM Offshore
With approximately 4,800 employees worldwide, SBM Offshore is a global leader in floating production and mooring systems, and production operations as well as terminals and services. Since 2014, the company has been on a transformational journey restructuring the business for the future. As part of this transformation, corporate headquarters has been relocated to Amsterdam.
Within the wider legal community in SBM Offshore, the Corporate Legal team has a dedicated focus on providing corporate legal advice world-wide. The team is responsible all corporate governance, corporate legal and (corporate) finance matters due decision making of all group companies, whether wholly-owned or joint venture. The Corporate Legal team closely cooperates with the Company Secretary on a variety of matters relating to the listed holding company.
As Senior Corporate Counsel within the SBM Offshore headquarters, you are positioned within a challenging and international environment. In close cooperation with the Chief Governance & Compliance Officer and the Legal Director Corporate, you will work on a variety of corporate legal projects including providing legal support on strategic, compliance, operational and governance matters. Furthermore you will also be working with senior management and functions worldwide on various corporate legal matters; externally you will liaise with authorities, lawyers, banks and joint venture partners. In this role you will report directly to the Legal Director Corporate.
You will be part of a centre of excellence, promoting cross-functional collaboration and providing tangible corporate legal advice to the business and local legal teams.
- Seasoned in-house lawyer with at least 7 years of hands-on experience in Corporate Law gained within a reputable law firm and/or a larger international company
- Experience with cross-functional and cross-cultural cooperation
- Experience with leading complex legal and financial (re)structuring projects
- Well-developed legal and drafting skills
- Flexibility to travel
- Truly international working environment
- Challenging and dynamic market
- Frequent exposure to senior management, different countries and cultures
- Unique access to Board Room decision making
- Inspiring helicopter view of SBM Offshore’s business
- Opportunity to broaden your skills and to gain business experience