06 apr Senior Export Control Manager – GKN Aerospace (Successfully filled)
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. Fokker Technologies was acquired by GKN Aerospace in 2015, and Fokker is now fully integrated into the GKN Aerospace business. GKN Aerospace has 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, serving over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. The company designs and manufactures innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Their technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
The Senior Export Control Manager is part of the global Export Control function and leads a compact team of Export Control Officers in the Netherlands providing specialist Export Control and Sanctions knowledge, guidance, advice and oversight to the Business Line and Operations Sites. The Export Control Manager actively contributes to the development of Policies and Procedures to enhance business wide compliance. He/she will report to the Head of Export Control Compliance (HECC).
The Senior Export Control Manager has accountability for:
- Leading the development, implementation and oversight of any business line and/or site level procedures, guidance, training and communication required to implement the Export Control Policy, Procedures and Compliance Programme;
- Preparation of regional procedures, guidance, training and communication materials; • Demonstrating excellent leadership capabilities in the line management of ECOs, including facilitating the smooth operation of a matrix way of working;
- Provision of subject matter expertise to the Business Line Head of Legal (HoL) and ECOs, advise on global initiatives across the business in conjunction with the HECC;
- Build strong relationships, contribute effectively and proactively to Business Line performance in an advisory and expert capacity on Export Control and Sanctions matters through leadership on the understanding of export control regulations across their Business Line, Region and/or Site(s);
- Liaison with HECC and other SECMs on compliance matters and initiatives applying across GKN Aerospace Business Lines; • Conducting periodic risk assessments on the status of export control compliance and the collation of Business Line compliance information;
- Leading investigations into export control non-compliance, providing oversight, tracking of reports and investigations, review and approval of draft disclosures and tracking closure of corrective actions across the Business Line, Region and/or Site(s);
- Responsible for Business Line-level communication with regulators, or communication with regulators in the SECM’s region in consultation with each other and the HECC;
- Ensuring that all necessary export control and sanctions authorizations are in place;
- Lead the identification, training and development of the Export Control Facilitator (ECF) network in their Business Line and/or Site(s) and, where required, region;
- Keeping up to date with the export control regulations of all countries with which the organization conducts business, including assessing the impact of sanctions. Advising the HECC and HoL on any country specific issues and requirements;
- Proactively seek opportunity to collaborate with the development of the Legal & Compliance function. Take the lead on functional activities across Legal & Compliance.
- Academic background and 5 years+ of relevant experience and specialist knowledge of Export Control Regulations and Sanctions;
- Fluent command of Dutch and English;
- Experience in the classification of goods, software and technology in multiple Export Control regimes;
- Possesses expert analytical skills and demonstrates risk and compliance awareness when supporting highly complex projects or advising on strategic decisions;
- Ability to lead and influence others to support the implementation and development of an export control compliance programme; • Communicate effectively to a range of audiences and is able to translate complex compliance issues for business colleagues;
- Recognizes the importance of building effective relationships and establishes trust through collaboration both inside and outside of the export control function;
- Seeks to understand business priorities and context, effectively manages resources and effort to tailor business solutions;
- An experienced teamleader, approachable and makes time to support, coach and monitor junior colleagues;
- Exercises good judgement and sound decision making even when not in possession of all the facts;
- Keeping colleagues informed and managing expectations. A completer/finisher who can demonstrate work/life balance.
Besides an innovative and international work environment that offers you a good work-life balance GKN offers you opportunities to learn and grow, a competitive salary, pension plan, 30 days off among other benefits.