27 jun Senior Legal Counsel – Alfen (Successfully filled)
Alfen is a publicly listed company on the midcap of Euronext Amsterdam. With its 85-years’ history, Alfen designs, develops and produces transformer substations, energy storage systems, and electric vehicle charging equipment. The company is mostly known for its EV chargers, but with its diverse portfolio of products and services, Alfen has a central role in the energy transition.
Alfens’ transformer substations provide millions of households and companies with energy, while thousands of electric vehicles make daily use of the companies’ charging stations. The Alfen energy storage system is used for applications such as load balancing, energy trading, frequency regulation and creating autonomous electricity grids in combination with solar or wind energy. With its in-house developed products and vast experience as systems integrator, Alfen sees sustainable business as a moral duty: ‘A connected and smart sustainable energy system for future generations’. Watch the corporate video to discover how Alfen operates.
Alfen has a leading market position in the Netherlands and experiences fast international growth. In the past 5 years, Alfen has quadrupled in size and there is also a growth ambition for the coming years. The company now employs about 800 people in the Netherlands and 100 abroad.
Due to this expedited growth of Alfen, we are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel (with the ambition to become Deputy General Counsel) to strengthen the compact Legal Team (3 fte) at the headquarters of the company in Almere.
Legal within Alfen is innovative, agile and focuses on business objectives. The Legal Team delivers high quality and pragmatic legal services to the three international business units of Alfen. As a Senior Legal Counsel you are a strategic business partner in commercial contracting, negotiating and closing deals with the sales department, supporting procurement, providing strategic and operational advise for higher management. Together with the general counsel you are responsible for the continuous legal improvement of processes and procedures. An ideal and versatile position for a broad oriented Senior Legal Counsel with strong leadership potential, who aims to work across the organization and its disciplines. The ability to build a strong collaborative relationship is essential.
- Law degree at Master level from a European country;
- At least 7 + years as a lawyer in a law firm and as an in-house legal counsel in an international commercial business environment, whereby a combination of both is preferred;
- Technical strong lawyer with extensive experience with commercial contract law combined with corporate law experience. Any prior work with (public) tenders, EPC contracting, IT and/or IP is considered a plus;
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, entrepreneurial business culture;
- A pragmatic, motivated and hands-on senior legal counsel with an excellent legal judgement while understanding key business interests;
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude who combines a genuine interest in people and technology with the ambition to further develop the company and your own leadership skills;
- Interest in teaching the legal fundamentals to the business, good influencing capabilities are a strong plus;
- Fluent in English. Language skills in German or French are a benefit.
- A senior position with management possibilities;
- A wide span of control, covering various areas of legal expertise;
- operate in a challenging international and entrepreneurial environment, never a boring day!;
- flat organizational structure with short lines of communication which enables you to have a direct impact on the organization, supporting the entrepreneurial spirit while safeguarding the possible risks and impact for the company;
- possibility to develop your personal and professional competencies with many career growth opportunities;
- opportunity to work partly remote.
Send your application and motivation to Regien Haarbosch at Voxius (email@example.com). Discretion is guaranteed.