23 mei Senior Legal Counsel (Finance) – SBM Offshore (Successfully filled)
SBM Offshore is a global leader in floating production and mooring systems, and production operations as well as terminals and services. Group companies employ approximately 4,350 people worldwide, including circa 650 contractors, which are spread over offices in key markets, operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group Companies employ a further 400 people, working for the joint ventures with two construction yards. The Group is committed to conducting business in a sustainable way over the long-term by developing close relationships with local people, communities and businesses in host countries, and by safeguarding the natural environment. Corporate headquarters is located at Amsterdam (Schiphol).
Within the wider legal community in SBM Offshore, the Corporate Legal team has a dedicated focus on corporate legal advice world-wide. The team is responsible for the corporate governance, legal structure, financing and due decision making of all group companies, whether wholly-owned or joint venture, and closely cooperates with the Company Secretary on a variety of matters relating to the listed holding company.
As Senior Legal Counsel within the SBM Offshore headquarters you are positioned within a challenging and international environment. You will work on a variety of legal projects in support of the Chief Governance and Compliance Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Legal Director Corporate. Internally you will be working with many functions worldwide, externally you will liaise with banks, lawyers and joint venture partners. In this role you will report directly to the Legal Director Corporate.
In cooperation with and guided by the Legal Director Corporate you will be part of a centre of excellence, promoting cross-functional collaboration and providing tangible corporate legal advice to the business and local legal teams. You will be the assigned legal counsel on various project finance and corporate finance initiatives in support of SBM Offshore’s business and support the Treasury team on strategic projects.
- Seasoned in-house lawyer with at least 7 years of hands-on experience in Corporate Law and Banking / Finance Law (LMA documentation)
- Gained within a reputable firm and/or larger international company
- Experience with cross- functional and cross-cultural cooperation
- Experience with leading complex legal and financial structuring projects
- Well-developed legal and drafting skills, preferably experience with English-law governed contracts
- Flexibility to travel
- Truly international working environment
- Challenging and dynamic market
- Frequent exposure to senior (finance) management, different countries and cultures
- Unique access to Board Room decision making
- Inspiring helicopter view of SBM Offshore’s business
- Opportunity to broaden your skills and to gain business experience