06 sep Senior Legal Counsel TPV
TPV is an internationally-renowned PC monitor and TV manufacturer. It has been listed on both the Hong Kong and Singapore stock exchanges since 1999. TPV serves as an original design manufacturer for some of the best-known TV and PC brands in the industry and distributes its products worldwide under its own brands AOC and Envision. In addition, the company designs, produces and sells Philips-branded monitors, TVs and mobile phones through a license agreement with Philips via its subsidiaries TP Vision and MMD. The company brings high-quality TV sets to the market: smart and easy to use with sophisticated styling. TPV believes in creating products that touch the human senses and are within reach of all consumers in the markets they operate in. As a leader in the Hotel industry, their Hospitality TV division serves most the world’s major international and national hotel groups, as well as individual hotels, hospitals, cruises and other professional facilities.
The company has its European Headquarters in Amsterdam. The European HQ of TPV Group is currently looking for a Senior Legal Counsel.
In this role you will provide legal support to the TPV’s business in Europe and provide support to the General Counsel EMEA & Data Protection Officer. The Legal Counsel supports the business in broad legal matters including contract review, legal claims as well as the roll-out of standard documents and procedures.
Being successful in this role requires a confident, organized, results-oriented lawyer. You should also have strong inter-personal skills, common sense and commercial understanding. You will work closely with teams such as sales, finance, marketing and product management. This is an extremely pro-active role that will suit a commercial lawyer who enjoys a challenge and is looking for international experience.
As Legal Counsel your responsibilities will include:
- providing legal advice to business;
- drafting, reviewing, negotiating and administration of various agreements including procurement, sales, distribution and software licensing;
- managing product liability claims and litigation matters;
- support the General Counsel EMEA in developing and rolling-out of standard templates to support corporate and business operations;
- support the General Counsel EMEA in the roll-out of trainings, procedures and guidelines including compliance matters such as anti-trust and data protection;
- maintaining the contract management systems;
- liaise and coordinate with external advisors and lawyers.
- Dutch law Degree and a minimum of 7/8 years’ relevant working experience, gained in an international and dynamic (business) environment preferably with law firm background;
- excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal confidently and effectively at all levels of the business, which encompasses a variety of cultures;
- a self-starter who is able to “hit the ground run”;
- you are a team player with a highly flexible approach, solution driven and able to work in a fast paced professional multi-cultural company;
- experience with commercial contracts and preferably legal issues, in relation to sales & distribution, consumer rights, and software / apps (IT law);
- good communication skills in English and Dutch, and able to work across different cultures;
- business integrity and a drive to work at a high level are characteristics that fit you.
A challenging role as Legal Counsel in a dynamic and innovative business that offers you excellent opportunities. Possibility to develop broad legal skills and grow together with the company. You will receive a gross fixed annual salary in accordance with the required skills for this position. If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Regien Haarbosch or Robert Tol via email@example.com or 085 488 0000.