06 sep Senior Manager Global Trade Compliance ASM International
ASM International is a dynamic growing company at the leading edge of technology that makes semiconductor devices smaller, faster, more powerful and efficient. ASM’s global workforce prides itself on turning today’s challenges into tomorrow’s opportunities. A driver of innovation, ASM has established a leading position in the fast growing markets for atomic layer deposition equipment, as well as for chemical vapor deposition, epitaxy, and vertical furnaces.
The company’s technology and extensive customer support teams span the globe. ASM International N.V. is headquartered in the Netherlands and its subsidiaries provide solutions through facilities in 14 countries in the United States, Europe, Japan and Asia. ASM’s common stock trades on Euronext Amsterdam Stock Exchange (symbol ASM).
ASM’s Corporate Legal Department is responsible for achieving the optimal position in Legal and Compliance matters for the company and its businesses in a broad range of legal areas, including commercial contracting, legal advice and Compliance. The team works in close cooperation with board members and colleagues from the business, as well as internal and external advisors. The department consists of a small group of highly empowered, business oriented lawyers and compliance experts with broad responsibilities who enjoy working in an international, high-tech and high-speed environment.
Currently we would like to get in contact with experienced professionals to lead ASM’s global trade compliance and related activities.
As the Senior Manager Global Trade Compliance, you drive the direction and management of the ASM Trade Compliance activities to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding import and export, customs and export controls. You are operating globally and are responsible for trade compliance on a global scale across all ASM’s businesses. In this role, you will serve as in-house expert and resource for all matters related to global trade compliance.
Moreover, you will provide strategic, operational and transactional level support, direction and guidance for all matters involving international trade and / or supply of goods or service.
The Senior Manager Global Trade Compliance reports to the General Counsel and is part of the Corporate Legal Department. The position has two direct reports.
In this position you are responsible for the following activities:
- Work cooperatively and proactively across functional areas to ensure worldwide compliance with all relevant export, customs, and sanctions laws and regulations;
- Implement, control and update the current (global) internal procedures, programs and work instructions relating to customs, export control, and supply chain security;
- Oversee all regulatory / trade compliance activities to ensure uniformity and consistency of practices and compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and controls;
- Oversee the implementation of global trade compliance program and process changes in SAP;
- Monitor and apply export licenses for dual use “Export Control” goods and deemed export;
- Ensure that classifications (HTS/ECCN, etc) are properly done for all product parts and are integrated in the SAP systems;
- Responsible for the development and updating of supply chain security programs (C-TPAT, STP and AEO);
- Further develop and update standard operating procedures for all local logistic teams;
- Provide regulatory compliance and operational support and management of local and regional teams and customer requests;
- Conduct global trade compliance audits and follow up on the results;
- Apply government rulings for both import and export products;
- Monitor and validate a Free Trade Agreements program;
- Monitor changes in relevant governmental trade regulations and legislations and implement these in the existing procedures and policies;
- Be responsible for managing inquiries or audits by authorities and develop training programs
- Monitor and manage bulk export permits usage;
- Determine Anti-Dumping and CVD (Countervailing Duty);
- Assess Dangerous Goods with TSCA requirement.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- At least 7 – 10 years of relevant experience, including extensive experience with US Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and OFAC and EU regulations;
- Classification of HTS and ECCM codes;
- Export Compliance Certification and License Customs Brokerage is a plus;
- Able to keep abreast of current and proposed legislation;
- Experience in semiconductor industry will be considered a plus.
You will demonstrate following behaviours:
- Pro-active initiator, with the ability to interact and communicate at various levels within the organization and external counterparts;
- Team player with strong leadership quality with a willingness to lead;
- Creator of new ideas and assertive;
- Ability to work independently, identifying and solving matters hands on;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation);
- Strong leadership skills required.
ASM is an international, professional and diverse company in an high paced industry, where you can generate immediate impact in a short period of time. Next to that, ASM offers a competitive base pay, benefits and variable pay and support you in your personal and leadership development through an annual personal performance and growth plan.
If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply, please send or mail your letter and résumé to mr Hielke Bruin. For further information you can contact our office. Discretion is guaranteed.