Corporate Legal Counsel – European Dental GroupEuropean Dental Group (EDG) is a leading European dental healthcare organization, backed by Nordic Capital. EDG is currently seeking to recruit a Corporate Legal Counsel, being a stand-alone position in the organization.
European Dental Group (EDG) is a leading European dental healthcare organization, backed by Nordic Capital
European Dental Group (EDG) is a leading European dental healthcare organization, backed by Nordic Capital. EDG is a dental care organization that relies on a strong team concept, integral quality management and well-established processes and systems. Working together across the entire line of dental and orthodontic care work allows the company to provide the best care and services. A collaborative and stimulating working environment with access to the latest industry knowledge and technologies allowing the practitioners to focus on the clinical work and to provide the best quality for the patients.
EDG Holding is the corporate HQ, based in Hilversum, and is currently having operations in the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, the United Kingdom and France, and employs over 7,000 people. Each country has its own shared service center (country SSC) in which country management and the countries’ business functions are situated. The country SSC leads the dental clinics in the country.
For EDG Holding as well as the Dutch country SSC (Top Mondzorg) EDG is currently seeking to recruit a Corporate Legal Counsel, being a stand-alone position in the organization.
You will independently own legal matters and will operate under the general management and direction of EDG Holding’s CFO
The Corporate Legal Counsel will be responsible for corporate housekeeping and all group legal matters for EDG Holding, will act as an advisor to the Executive Board of EDG Holding and will cover the legal needs of Top Mondzorg, being EDG’s largest business line.
You will independently own legal matters and will operate under the general management and direction of EDG Holding’s CFO. In this role you will also interact with the Executive management, the supervisory board, the private equity investor (Nordic Capital), management of the country SSCs and other stakeholders/business functions (HR, IT, procurement, finance).
As Corporate Legal Counsel it will be your goal to further develop the legal function into an efficient, modern and uniform legal function, by carrying out (amongst others) the following activities:
- providing sound and pragmatic advice on general corporate law, corporate governance, healthcare law, (corporate) compliance, M&A, commercial contracting and/or employment law;
- corporate housekeeping, including handling UBO/KYC matters and record keeping;
- setting out, communicating and maintaining the group framework, policies, guidelines and best practices across the legal teams of the country SSC;
- establishing and maintaining a proper country SSC-to-EDG reporting structure;
- creating and executing a development a 5 year plan of the legal function.
EDG is looking for a pragmatic lawyer who likes to work in a private equity-owned company. Someone who is willing to further develop the legal function but is also able to handle legal administrative matters.
You have at least:
- a bachelor and master in Dutch law, 5-8 years professional working experience as legal counsel and/or attorney-at-law in an international legal or business environment;
- sound knowledge of corporate law/corporate governance, existing knowledge of/experience with (corporate) healthcare law (Wtza) is considered a strong plus;
- experience with commercial contracting, employment law, M&A or tax is preferred;
- a pragmatic, flexible, self-starting approach, can-do mentality;
- the ability to communicate effectively with different levels in the organization and good cross-cultural skills, fully comfortable to work in English (both written and spoken);
- strong presentation and interpersonal skills, ability to convincing people with the right attitude in an international environment, taking care of locale cultures and way of working.
A challenging role in a fun and dynamic PE-owned company
A fulltime position for an enthusiastic legal professional who is looking for a challenging role in a fun and dynamic PE-owned company. Location Hilversum with the flexibility to work from home (40%). Preferred starting date 1st of February 2024. Occasional travel may be required.
If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply to receive any further information, please contact Judith van Haersma Buma or Christine Hagens at Voxius (firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 85 488 00 00). Discretion is guaranteed.