01 nov Global Privacy Officer – NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets.
Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has approximately 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.61 billion in 2020.
NXP’s Global Privacy Officer works within the Corporate Legal team and supports the NXP group worldwide on all kind of privacy matters. As a Global Privacy Officer you exercise the regulatory oversight tasks, inform and provide advise to our organization. Using your privacy expertise, knowledge and skills you support the NXP group worldwide to protect and process personal data within the boundaries of applicable regulations and legislations.
Your challenge will be to further maintain, develop and implement the global privacy compliance framework. The Global Privacy Officer assesses and prioritizes the privacy risks, takes care of and monitors the process design and promotes the “privacy conscious culture” within our company. You will work in a large, complex, international organization and work closely with diverse stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Procurement, IT, HR, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Internal Audit and business lines). In this role you will be supported by a Junior Privacy Officer who will report to you directly. The Global Privacy Officer reports to NXP’s Senior Director Legal and Compliance.
- Oversee and manage Global Privacy workstreams and policies;
- Further define, maintain and improve NXP Privacy framework;
- Identifying, assessing, controlling, monitoring and reporting privacy compliance risks across the organization;
- Coordinate, register and provide advise to higher management on reporting data breach incidents to the relevant Data Protection Authorities and or impacted data subjects in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders;
- Provide subject matter expertise and insight on a variety of privacy-related programs, initiatives, and workflows (e.g., notices, assessments, cookies/consent management, third-party requirements, incident management, etc.);
- Create awareness and provide privacy training to enable business clients to accomplish business goals;
- Collaborate with and support and educate privacy champions globally;
- Inform and support Works Councils on employee Data Protection matters;
- Identify personal data processing activities carried out by the relevant support or business organization and support the organization with Data Protection Impact Assessments Maintain up to date processing registry (Controller and Processor) of the relevant business or function;
- Drive and embed privacy by design controls into the business processes, quality management systems and our products and solutions;
- Provide privacy legal support in the due diligence phase during M&A;
- Provide privacy legal support in contract negotiations with third parties (Processors or Joint- Controllers);Occasionally liaise with external counsel in other countries to ensure that local laws and regulations are in line with company policies;
- Lead the development of the Global Privacy eminence throughout the global network and to third parties.
Must haves to be successful in this role are:
- Academic Law degree (Masters) and at least 7-10 years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house at multinational corporations;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in privacy and data protection, including a successfully completed privacy training (e.g. privacy law Grotius Academy, ICT law, CDPO);
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and EU data protection legislation (GDPR);
- Experience with One Trust Privacy modules is a plus;
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills in both Dutch and English.
Furthermore, you are:
- Pragmatic privacy specialist, able to quickly understand, analyze and explain complex topics on Data Protection and technology;
- Self-starter, able to work on a wide variety of tasks;
- Quality and risk-management oriented;
- You are able and willing to take rational but bold decisions under time pressure;
- Patient, curious, and persuasive;
- Flexible and able to work in a large, dynamic, and truly international corporate culture;
- Solution driven with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver results and able to prioritize;
- Organization sensitive, a real team player with a hands-on mentality.
The position is based at NXP’s headquarter at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Ultimate responsibility for global privacy of a multinational in the semiconductor industry. An excellent career opportunity for an ambitious privacy professional with an interest for Data protection.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Regien Haarbosch at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000 or via each consultants mobile number as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed.