Global Risk & Compliance Director – Pharmaceutical CompanyOur client is a Pharmaceutical company with production facilities and sales offices across the globe. For the HQ in the Netherlands, we are now looking for a Global Risk and Compliance Director to lead their Risk & Compliance department.
A global Pharmaceutical company
Our client is a Pharmaceutical company with production facilities and sales offices across the globe. For the HQ in the Netherlands, we are now looking for a Global Risk and Compliance Director to lead their Risk & Compliance department.
You'll be responsible for leading the development, implementation and operation of the global compliance program
The Global Risk & Compliance Director is responsible for leading the development, implementation and operation of the global compliance program. This role acts as an ambassador for the company’s compliance culture, demonstrating the highest standards of compliance behavior and to raise awareness of regulatory requirements and compliance policies. The R&C director identifies and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization, provides direction and makes recommendations. In addition, this position focuses on day-to-day compliance and regulatory reporting. Reporting line is to the General Counsel.
More specific duties and responsibilities include among others:
- Responsibility for all the company’s R&C policies and systems globally regarding multiple domains e.g. ABC, Trade Control, Data Privacy, Competition Law, Ethics, KYC breaches, Whistleblower and Audit matters, ESG related matters on R&C etc.
- Foster the ongoing development of a R&C multi-year worldwide framework
- Advise the board and Audit Committee on the implementation of the program
- Provide leadership and supervision and roll out trainings and policies globally
- Monitor Speak Up, investigate all (near) compliance breaches and report as required
- Create compliance awareness amongst all global staff. In particular, continuously train and provide updates to the Legal Team
- Decisiveness on taking a position on compliance matters. Ability to deal with confidential matters
- Professional judgement to balance commercial and compliance risks to achieve positive outcomes
- Energetic drive for success and results
- Organizational, leadership and influencing skills
- Strategic agility, strong business acumen and pragmatism
- Enables and facilitates the business to make compliant decisions and able to be resilient towards business when faced with resistance
- Collaborative way of working with internal stakeholders.
- Holding a Master in Law degree of a (continental) European country
- > 12 years’ experience. Preferably in R&C related roles in a multinational company
- Experience in Pharmaceutical or another highly regulated industry
- Willing to travel regularly
Ultimate responsibility for the Global Compliance department
Ultimate responsibility for the Global Compliance department of a global operating pharmaceutical company. Good employment conditions.