05 jan Head Compliance & Integrity – TenneT
TenneT is a leading European grid operator. The company provides a secure and reliable supply of electricity 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, while helping to drive the energy transition in their pursuit of a brighter energy future – more sustainable, reliable and affordable than ever before. In their role as the first cross-border Transmission System Operator (TSO), TenneT designs, builds, maintains and operates 23,900 km of high-voltage electricity grid in the Netherlands and large parts of Germany, and facilitates the European energy market through our 16 interconnectors to neighboring countries. Tennet is one of the largest investors in national and international onshore and offshore electricity grids, with a turnover of EUR 4.5 billion and a total asset value of EUR 27 billion. The 5,700 employees take ownership, make and maintain connections to ensure that the supply and demand of electricity is balanced for over 42 million people.
TenneT is looking for a professional Head Compliance & Integrity with a holistic view and excellent radar for relevant compliance and cultural developments and the ability to translate these to requirements for the organisation and its stakeholders. An empathetic leader who connects on all levels whilst maintaining objectivity and independence.
You are responsible for the Compliance & Integrity Unit at TenneT, consisting of the compliance, and data protection officers and advisors, both in the Netherlands and in Germany (in total 9 persons). This includes the overall responsibility for the functioning of the compliance management system and program at TenneT. Furthermore, you are the designated Compliance & Integrity officer for TenneT NL and you will;
- Advise the Executive Board and (Senior) Leaders on compliance & integrity policies and directives and support them with major risk issues as they arise;
- Ensure, evaluate and continuously improve the compliance & integrity management system within the TenneT Group;
- Be a trusted advisor to employees on compliance & integrity matters and promote a high level of integrity and a social safe environment throughout the company;
- Develop, maintain, advise on, endorse and communicate new and changed Compliance & Integrity policies, directives and minimum standards;
- Ensure adequate monitoring and control through management information;
- Ensure accurate and timely investigations and reporting on compliance & integrity issues to the Executive Board and the Audit Committee;
- Develop and execute a yearly Compliance & Integrity plan based on the TenneT strategy;
- Manage compliance & integrity communications, training strategies and initiatives;
- Manage consolidated internal and external reporting on Compliance & Integrity at TenneT.
- Master degree in law (preferred) business administration, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience as Compliance Officer in a related or relevant industry;
- Deep understanding and knowledge of corporate compliance topics and best practices including the GDPR;
- Flexibility as well as the ability to work effectively in cross-cultural and cross-functional teams;
- Expresses a high level of integrity in order to be considered as reliable partner concerning compliance matters;
- Acting as an independent trusted advisor for local management and staff in specific transactions and projects for (senior) leadership, executive board and supervisory board;
- Strong communicator, approachable, proactive, independent, confident yet collaborative;
- Fluency in English as well as in Dutch and/or German.
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. A competitive salary package (level Hay 21) with excellent secondary benefits as well as good training and development opportunities. The position is based in the Dutch headquarters in Arnhem with the possibility to work partly from home.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Regien Haarbosch at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000, or via each consultants mobile number as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed.