Head of Compliance – Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube GroupThe Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group is a privately-held, globally operating trading company and specialist in steel pipes and pipe and tube applications. They are currently looking for a global Head of Compliance to be based in the Dutch headquarters in Zwijndrecht.
Van Leeuwen is a family owned company and it's core business consists of the trade in steel pipes and related products
The Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group is a privately-held, globally operating trading company and specialist in steel pipes and pipe and tube applications. The company offers a broad range of customized pipe and tube products and services using a worldwide network of stock-keeping affiliates. Van Leeuwen’s core business consists of the trade in steel pipes and related products.
Van Leeuwen is a family owned company which started almost 100 years ago in Zwijndrecht, the Netherlands. It has since grown into a company with approximately fifty largely stock-keeping affiliates / offices in 22 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Asia and North America.
End of 2019 Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group acquired the German company Benteler Distribution and as a result doubled in size. The addition of these companies to the Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group provide Van Leeuwen with an even more extensive distribution network in Europe, creating opportunities to expand Van Leeuwen’s range of products, value added services and treatments for its customers. The scale of the combined companies will enable further development of innovative solutions for customers, optimized and specialized stocks with proximity to the customers, and investments in IT-supported customer interfaces and effective distribution.
Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group is looking for a global Head of Compliance to be based in the Dutch headquarters in Zwijndrecht.
The Head of Compliance is responsible for further building and strengthening the compliance organization and managing all employee and business process activities for the group
The Head of Compliance is responsible for further building and strengthening the compliance organization and managing all employee and business process activities for the group. You will be supported by an export control specialist and an international group of local compliance champions.
In this role, you are responsible for drafting and updating the global compliance program including -but not limited to- policies regarding export control, trade sanctions, anti-bribery, fraud, antitrust and privacy. The Head of Compliance promotes the “compliance conscious culture” within the company and collaborates with management worldwide to review all compliance policies. You will work closely with experts from the legal department, HR, Finance and IT to ensure that the Group can maintain their continued growth, by complying with applicable laws, regulations, supervisory requirements, internal policies and procedures. You are responsible for identifying and assessing the compliance risks as well as managing and monitoring of these risks. The Head of Compliance also acts as a central Data Protection Officer (DPO) aimed at setting up processes and monitoring the outcome of the program.
- Provide input for the company’s medium- and long term strategy and translate this into a compliance strategy and policies;
- Develop training modules and conduct training for the local management and employees of all entities of the Van Leeuwen Group;
- Timely address compliance concerns within the Group in order to minimize risk of default;
- Develop and implement a compliance information system as well as a reporting plan for in case of violations of compliance policies and guidelines;
- Conduct regular compliance audits and reviews to ensure fulfillment of compliance standards. He or she liaises with HR to ensure implementation of disciplinary action event of compliance violation;
- Prepare and file compliance reports to appropriate regulatory bodies;
- Act as a trusted advisor for local management and staff in specific transactions and projects; expresses a high level of integrity in order to be considered as reliable partner concerning compliance matters;
- Stay abreast of international laws , regulations and guidelines in order to maintain an up to date compliance framework;
- Active member of the Code of Conduct Compliance Committee together with the HR manager and the General Counsel. Increase awareness and implement a clear and effective whistleblower policy.
- Guide and manage compliance and privacy representatives in various jurisdictions.
- Act as DPO for the group and responsible for compliance with privacy guidelines in various jurisdictions.
- Ensure implementation, observance and awareness of all privacy related measures
- Implement and manage the Speak Up process, ensure that reports are acted on (conduct investigations) and then whistleblowers are protected
- Implement and manage the screening of counterparties and the observance of export controls
- Implement adequate measures to mitigate risks of bribery, agents, gifts, sponsorships, antitrust and money laundering
- Master degree in business administration, finance or law. At least 8 years of experience as Compliance Officer in a similar international organization required;
- Deep understanding and knowledge of international compliance regulations and best practices including the GDPR. Expertise on export regulations;
- Communication skills: able to provide training and effectively communicate compliance goals and procedures;
- Analytical skills: experience in conducting research to identify and tackle business areas with high risk of non-compliance;
- Reporting skills: able to produce compliance reports useful in making necessary business adjustments;
- Fluency in English verbally and in writing. Knowledge of the German and/or Dutch language is considered an advantage.
A full-time position for a team player with a good sense of commercial challenges in complex regions
A full-time position for a team player with a good sense of commercial challenges in complex regions. As Head of Compliance, you are part of an – originally – Dutch organization with the challenge of building a compliance program that covers all legal international compliance topics.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Regien Haarbosch at Voxius Executive Search, via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000, or via each consultants mobile number as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed.