Legal Counsel – BNP ParibasEuropean leader in banking and financial services. Presence in 65 countries, over 190,000 employees. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking has a global presence employing 33,000 people across 55 countries. Financing, advisory and capital market services. Focus on long-term relationships to accompany clients throughout their business and investment strategies.
In the Netherlands BNP Paribas is the largest and leading non-Dutch bank
BNP Paribas is a European leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing international presence in 65 countries and more than 190,000 employees. Corporate & Institutional Banking is the investment bank division, with a strong global presence employing 33,000 people across 55 countries, providing to its clients financing, advisory and capital market services. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking aims to develop long-term relationships with her clients and accompany them throughout their business and investment strategies.
In the Netherlands BNP Paribas is the largest and leading non-Dutch bank. Thanks to their global network combined with local expertise, they unlock business opportunities across the world for their clients.
To support the Head of Legal we are currently looking for a full-time Legal Counsel.
You will be working directly with Corporate and Investment Bankers
You will be based in Amsterdam and will be working directly with Corporate and Investment Bankers in providing them legal advice on transactions with clients. In addition you will support other BNP Paribas group entities from outside the Netherlands with legal queries that might arise.
- Providing legal advice, in particular with regards to bilateral and syndicated loan documentation (LMA), security and other ad-hoc documentation
- Negotiating, reviewing and writing banking law related documents, loan contracts and security documentation, templates, tender documents and other legal documents as required by the various business lines
- Rendering effective legal advice and assistance in the preparation of legal opinions, studies, reports and correspondence as required from time to time by offices in- and outside The Netherlands.
An EU/UK/US law degree with significant working experience in The Netherlands is also considered
- A Master’s degree in Dutch law is highly preferred, but an EU/UK/US law degree with significant working experience in The Netherlands is also considered
- Additional education in Banking Law such as an LLM would be considered a plus
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar role within a financial institution or law firm
- Good knowledge of LMA standard documentation
- Ability to analyse legal issues quickly and to provide comprehensive and pragmatic solutions
- Ability to draft and edit a variety of documents in Dutch and English in a clear and concise manner
- Competencies: analytical, client focused, excellent communication skills, pro-active and independent worker
- Languages: fluency in Dutch and English.
A challenging and responsible role in an international setting. Competitive salary and benefits.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Terry Verheij or Remco Feuth at Voxius Executive Search, via firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000 or via each consultants mobile number as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed.