30 mrt Legal Counsel – Scale up (Succesfully Filled)
Our client is a scale-up and one of the largest online pharmacies in Europe, with a mission to redefine the true meaning of the concept “online pharmacy”. Their aim is to help people make better decisions about their health. From proactive to curative and regardless of individual goals our client offers an experience that is always about the individual (“you”). They firmly believe in a future where the journey towards good health becomes a trusted and truly personal experience.
The scale-up is the result of the acquisition of several pharmacies in different European countries over the past years. The company is currently taking the European market by storm. Recently the company launched Atida Pure; an individually tailored vitamin and supplement programme. This concept combines data and e-commerce into the pharma and well-being industry. In 2021, Atida will also launch its online pharmacy Atida Plus throughout Europe. This will offer an unique in-store experience in current markets in Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal and France.
Atida’s HQ in Amsterdam collaborates with the local teams to boost growth and conquer new markets. A new way of working across the markets is vital to reach ambitions and goals. In 2025 Atida wants to be the undisputed European market leader. To achieve their ambitions and support the growth, Atida is currently looking to expand its Legal team at their Amsterdam HQ.
As Legal Counsel you will support the senior management and various stakeholders on a wide variety of issues. The main responsibilities will be, but are not limited to:
- advising the business on a wide variety of regulatory, compliance and legal issues related to e-commerce and privacy/GDPR;
- supporting compliance with EU and local applicable regulatory frameworks, such as GDPR, pharmaceutical, labelling and claims regulation by developing, updating and executing internal regulatory and compliances policies;
- drafting, negotiating and reviewing various (international) commercial contracts;
- provide legal awareness and develop and give internal training to stakeholders, keep business up to date regarding legal, regulatory and compliance framework applicable to the business.
In this position you will work independently, but in close cooperation with the business, Head of Legal, compliance and other stakeholders. You will report to the Head of Legal.
To succeed in this position the Legal Counsel needs to be a firm personality, flexible and able to adapt quickly in a new, agile and fast-paced environment. Working for a scale-up intends that the Legal Counsel needs to be a lawyer who is willing “to roll up the sleeves” and has the guts to get things done in a not yet fully structured environment.
Furthermore, the Legal Counsel will at least have:
- an EU bachelor and master degree in law, combined with 5-7 years working experience preferably gained as an attorney at law or in-house legal counsel in an international environment (pharma, food, e-commerce related);
- sound knowledge and proven track record in e-commerce and privacy/GDPR, preferably in a retail environment;
- experience with international commercial contracting;
- experience or affinity with the compliance and regulatory framework related to the companies businesses, including drafting, implementing and maintaining compliances policies and procedures;
- excellent understanding (both oral as in writing) of the Dutch and English language, any other language is regarded a plus.
It goes without saying that the Legal Counsel also needs to have a keen business acumen, an international mindset and will be a strong communicator who is able to translate business problems into understandable actions and guidelines.
An appealing position at an appealing environment! Working in a quickly growing scale-up where no day will be the same and you as a Legal Counsel (co)contributes to the expansion of the company. Headquartered in Amsterdam, occasional travel within Europe, (partially) remote working is an option, salary market conform. Fulltime position.
If you are interested in this position and wish to receive further information or apply to this position, please do not hesitate to reach out to Judith van Haersma Buma or Regien Haarbosch via mail or telephone (+31 (0)85 – 488 00 00).