26 jan Legal Operations Officer / Legal Counsel – NLC Healthtech (procedure afgesloten)
NLC I The Healthtech Venture Builder is looking for a Legal Operations Officer/ Legal Counsel directly contributing to our mission: build ventures, advance health!
NLC was founded on one simple observation: at least 95% of healthtech inventions never reach the patient, regardless of their relevance or brilliance. It is their mission to lower this number and get as many healthtech solutions as possible to the patient. It does this by bringing together the best tech, the best capital, and the best people to build life-changing ventures. To date, NLC has founded over 65 life changing ventures with a team of 60 impact driven professionals and a global network ranging from 1000s of healthtech professionals to 100s of organisations including top universities and corporate partners like Philips.
The legal team takes care of all legal aspects relating to the NLC organization and the ventures worldwide. The team currently consists of a Lead Legal Counsel, three Legal Counsel and a paralegal. To be able to further develop our legal quality and efficiency amidst the rapidly growing business the company is currently looking for a Legal Operations Officer / Legal Counsel.
In this new role you will be responsible to initiate and manage the further development of NLC’s legal processes in close cooperation with the legal team and all internal and external stakeholders. Your focus areas will include (but are not limited to) our way of operating in:
- venture incorporation, governance and entity management processes
- contracting processes & workflows (e.g. Contract Lifecycle Management / shared legal contracting platform)
- HR (management agreement) related contracting processes for our ventures
- IP licensing related processes
- Corporate processes of NLC (e.g. annual ESOP transfer to employees, liquidity events, expansion ESOP pool) and its ventures (e.g. maintaining cap-tables as part of legal entity management/ corporate housekeeping)
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- identifying internal needs and opportunities to further streamline processes
- monitoring the legal services market to identify (digital) tools, methods and services that appear in the market, that can add relevant value and are mature enough to implement
- initiating, executing and managing these improvement initiatives as a project owner
- training & supporting stakeholders in using these improved processes and all related (tech) tools
To develop and maintain a solid understanding of the processes you will also participate part of your time as legal counsel in transactional, contracting and corporate work including drafting/reviewing/negotiating of contracts (and related documentation), incorporation of legal entities (in the Netherlands and abroad), as well as with, among others, improving processes, tools, templates, manuals, playbooks, knowhow etcetera. This implies a twofold role: you will have both hands-on involvement in the daily legal work and the oversight to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement. The operations role will continue to grow in importance, offering you the opportunity to grow with it.
In this position you will report to our Lead Legal Counsel and work closely with the other Legal Counsels as well as several other business functions, such as Venture Partners, Venture Finance, IT/ Data Analytics.
You truly enjoy the variety and responsibility that comes with working in a small, fast-growing and highly innovative company. You are enthusiastic to work in a culture that is entrepreneurial, professional, positive and open – and if you aim to make a real impact, you’ll fit right in.
The ideal candidate has the following professional qualifications:
- Master’s degree in law
- 4+ relevant experience as an inhouse counsel or attorney
- A passion for operations and a drive to improve processes
- Interest in– and experience with legal technologies, legal processes/ legal operations
- Affinity with outside counsel management and developing working relations with other service partners
- Proficiency with tools like Adobe Pro, DocuSign, Google Workspace, LucidChart, Slack, Legisway or similar systems is considered a plus
- Proficiency in the English language
- Eager to help bring the legal function and the (digital) transformation of NLC as a whole to the next level;
- Project management skills, well-organized, result-oriented
- Proactive and hands-on, ‘can-do’ mentality
- Open personality, good communication skills, able to work cross-functional
- Critical but service-minded at the same time
- Team player, capable of building bridges with other disciplines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovation-driven environment
- Curious, eager to learn, willing to take on a variety of work
- The opportunity to improve millions of patients’ lives around the world.
- Your chance to step into the new and fast-growing market of international healthtech venture building, in a position from which you can boost NLC and influence its course.
- Be part of the high energy and self-starter environment needed for fast professional development, supported by experienced NLC directors and leading industry experts from the company’s ecosystem.
- Remuneration at par with the startup industry, including equity.
- Working from the NLC offices in Amsterdam.
If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply or to receive any further information, please contact Judith van Haersma Buma at Voxius via mail (email@example.com) or telephone (+31 85 488 00 00). Discretion is guaranteed.