15 apr Coordinating Privacy Officer – Infinitas Learning
About the Company
Infinitas Learning (IL) is a dynamic educational resources company, and one of Europe’s leading providers of innovative and engaging products and services for teaching and learning. The company is passionate about unlocking the maximum potential of every individual through lifelong learning. IL’s companies create an impressive array of educational resources that are used in primary schools, secondary schools, further education colleges and the professional markets. IL’s products span interactive software, online learning, e-books, audio books and printed text books, many of which are market leaders in their field.
The Infinitas Learning group includes Noordhoff (Netherlands), DigiTaalbedrijf (Netherlands), Liber (Sweden), and Plantyn (Belgium) and Infinitas Product & Technology (Netherlands). The group consists of approximately 600 employees and is based in Utrecht.
To further professionalize the Legal Department IL is now looking for a Coordinating Privacy Officer.
About the Job
The Coordinating PO is responsible for execution of privacy activities within Noordhoff and Infinitas Product & Technology e.g., strategy, governance, policies, procedures and will coordinate and manage specific activities such as the ROPA and third-party management. The Coordinating PO will report to the Legal Manager in the Netherlands and will coordinate the privacy activities of the Privacy Officers in Sweden, Belgium and The Netherlands.
- Coordinating the privacy activities of the Privacy Officers in Belgium, Sweden and The Netherlands.
- Draft the privacy strategy, governance and related policies, procedures and guidelines for the organization and implement this in the different countries.
- Main point of contact point for advice and guidance within the different companies in The Netherlands. Advise the business on new initiatives and general business activities.
- Responsible for creating, rolling out and tracking training within the countries.
- Roll out and maintain the ROPA within the countries and coordinate and escalate where necessary. Serve as contact point to provide the organization instructions on how to fill in the ROPA.
- Ensure, in close collaboration with security officers that all necessary security measures are implemented and that privacy by design and privacy by default are implemented.
- Ensure that agreements are in place with third parties and that agreements meet legal requirements.
- Substantial knowledge of EU privacy and data protection laws with relevant qualifications e.g., privacy specialization course and/or CIPP/E certificate or the willingness to achieve relevant qualifications in this respect.
- A minimum of four years relevant post qualified working experience as a specialist in the field of data protection;
- Understanding of national data protection in (for example) the Netherlands, Belgium and/or Sweden.
- Clear overview and deep knowledge of processing activities within the company. Ability to receive a clear overview and deep knowledge of processing activities.
- Convincing with the right feeling for mutual relationships, tactical and clear in communication and good at translating ‘what needs to be done’ to ‘how will this benefit the business and the customer’.
- A LLM or other academic degree is required. Ideally, the Coordinating PO should have a legal, technical and / or business background.
- Fluent in English is a must, Dutch or Swedish beneficial but not essential.
- CISO and Security Officers
- Management team of the company the privacy officer is active in
- Privacy Champions
- Legal Manager
- Third parties that process personal data on behalf of Infinitas
Any Infinitas Learning location, some travel may be required but will make extensive use of remote tools and working practices.
The Coordinating PO role (32 – 40hr/week) within Infinitas is a perfect stepping stone towards a career within the privacy domain. Together with your colleagues you can bring this to the next level and really make an impact. IL offers good employment conditions in line with the market.