30 mei Corporate Legal Counsel – Peridot
Peridot is a FinTech providing global supply chain financing solutions for large multinational corporations, their suppliers and their customer networks, as well as partnering with banks, financial institutions and funds.
Peridot was created by Blackstone in 2019 to facilitate the carve-out acquisition of a global technology firm’s trade finance platform. Peridot has built upon this acquisition and is currently operating in over 50 countries with more than 250 professionals overseeing annual volumes $60+bn. Our strategic plan includes further expansion through additional acquisitions as well as organic growth to become the market leading supply chain and trade finance company with the flexibility of a FinTech along with the support of world leading private equity firm, Blackstone.
For their Legal Department we are looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel. You will work closely with the senior legal team and play a key role in supporting Peridot’s complex and sophisticated commercial financing business, M&A, investment, and other corporate matters to ensure Peridot’s legal needs are fully met. The ideal candidate is a flexible team player who can roll up their sleeves and address a wide range of in-house legal matters with a creative and pragmatic approach. The position will be based in Amsterdam and include regular interaction with their legal team in New York, and colleagues and business partners located worldwide.
You will make an impact:
- Draft, negotiate, and advise on a range of commercial trade financing agreements, loan documents, guarantees, and related financing documents
- Assist with M&A, investments, and other strategic transactions in all stages, including due diligence, drafting, and negotiating term sheets and transaction documentation, closing support and post-closing integration
- Review and negotiate various legal contracts and other documents, including vendor contracts and NDAs
- Work closely to support senior legal team in a wide range of in-house legal matters
- Coordinate with internal business and operations including credit, tax, treasury, operations, etc. in connection with legal reviews
- Support legal entity administration in over 30 countries and provide assistance with organizational and compliance filing materials
- Research and provide guidance on regulatory requirements applicable to Peridot’s business globally
- Correspond with local counsel regarding documentation and team questions, and coordinate review by such counsel
- Master of laws (common or civil law) from any university, preferably a master of laws obtained in the Netherlands or any other common-law jurisdiction
- Highly self-motivated professional comfortable working remotely, with colleagues located globally
- 4 – 7 years of corporate legal experience at a major law firm with a focus on multi-jurisdictional supply chain finance transactions, factoring, loan and security agreements, and related arrangements
- Familiarity with M&A, venture capital or investment transactions; knowledge of securitizations, accounts receivable financing transactions, and related regulatory regimes is a plus
- Experience in the financial services industry is preferred
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Comfort working on complex, fast-paced projects
- Skilled negotiator and drafter
- Able to multi-task and effectively manage their own time
- Collaborative team-player
- Ability to provide practical business guidance based on sound legal judgment
- Highly organized, analytical, and strategic thinker who can identify and solve problems in an efficient manner
- Individual of high integrity with the self-confidence to see many sides of a problem and resolve issues with empathy and intelligence
A challenging job in a high-impact and international environment. A position for a highly motivated, business oriented and enthusiastic legal professional who is ready for the next step.
If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply to receive any further information, please contact Catherine van der Helm or Remco Feuth at Voxius (firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 85 488 00 00). Discretion is guaranteed.