28 nov Data Protection Officer – DAF
DAF Trucks NV has been part of PACCAR Inc. since 1996, which has a leading position worldwide in the development, production and service of high-quality light, medium and heavy trucks under the Kenworth , Peterbilt and DAF brand names . Whereas the first two PACCAR companies mainly focus on the US, Canada and Mexico, DAF occupies the number one position on the European truck market in the heaviest segment, while also focusing on markets in the rest of the world . In the Netherlands, one in three trucks sold above 15 tons is a DAF. DAF is also an important player in the European truck market and is the market leader in the UK and Poland. DAF now sells its products in 90 countries . DAF recently strengthened its market position in Russia, Turkey, Latin America, Malaysia and Taiwan (where DAF is the largest European brand).
DAF has production facilities in Eindhoven (NL) and Westerlo (B) and has an extensive network of sales and service dealers. DAF has a strong customer first policy: low costs per kilometer, a high level of quality, optimum driver comfort, low fuel consumption, minimum environmental impact and high transport efficiency are the starting points.
DAF expands in various markets and also focuses on innovative market concepts , which leads to increasing demands for the Legal Department. For DAF Trucks, based at the head office in Eindhoven, we would like to get in touch with candidates for the position of Data Protection Officer.
DAF is looking for an experienced Data Protection Officer (DPO). The DPO will be responsible for pro-active advise to the business and organisation of PACCAR EUROPE (including DAF Trucks N.V, DAF’s captive finance organisation Paccar Financial Europe B.V. and their subsidiaries) with regard to privacy and protection of personal data (including employee data). The DPO will take the lead in the promotion of data protection, create and maintain standards and procedures across the organisation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As subject matter expert, the DPO plays an important role in running the PACCAR EU GDPR Implementation Program, in close alignment with the Program Director. The DPO advises the business on the use of personal data and promotes the principle of Privacy-by-Design with regard to the development of new initiatives or the introduction of new products which involve the processing of personal data. The DPO has a direct reporting line to senior management and functional reporting line to the Compliance Director.
The role of DPO includes amongst others the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Advise the business on the use and processing of personal data;
• Support the creation and maintenance of a processing inventory in the privacy management tool;
• Support and advise on the performance of Privacy Impact Assessments and actively monitor risk findings and the implementation of mitigating measures;
• Keep policies, procedures and controls up to date, monitor implementation and compliance with such policies and assist in possible privacy audits and investigations;
• Identify significant trends, share knowledge with the Compliance Director en (local) privacy officers in the business;
• Organise and provide regular privacy awareness training for employees as part of the broader PACCAR EU Compliance Training Program;
• Handle requests and complaints regarding the processing of personal data, both internal and external (data subject rights procedure);
• Manage data breaches in accordance with the internal data breach procedure and act as contact person for Data Protection Authorities and other external parties related to privacy;
• Escalate to Senior Management and Compliance Director in case the business or staff departments do not (properly) implement measures, do not (timely) apply privacy or IT security controls, or otherwise do not act in line with internal privacy policies and procedures;
• Inform Compliance Director on important developments and material issues, a.o. providing an overview of incidents as well as advise on the follow up.
• Master in Dutch law or equivalent;
• Up to date Data Protection Law expertise;
• Excellent proficiency in the English language as well as fluency in Dutch;
• Minimal working experience 5-8 years of which a couple of years as a Data Protection Officer or a comparable role;
• Capable to function in a large, complex , international organisation;
• Affinity with IT/security/technical developments;
• Result oriented and well developed analytical skills;
• Proactive approach; able to operate independently as well as a team player;
• Skilled to convince people ,not afraid to address actions and behavior.
A fulltime position for a business savvy teamplayer. You will be part of the -originally Dutch- organisation which is one of the best employers of The Netherlands.
If you are interested or if you would like to receive more information, please contact Hielke Bruin or Regien Haarbosch (via email@example.com or 085 4880000). Your application will be treated confidentially.