31 aug Deputy Company Secretary & Legal Project Counsel – Mizuho
For Mizuho Bank Europe N.V. (MBE), part of the leading international financial Mizuho Group, we are currently recruiting a Deputy Company Secretary & Legal Project Counsel to be based at the European Headquarters in Amsterdam.
As a Deputy Company Secretary & Legal Project Counsel you will be part of the Legal & Compliance team which currently consists of 5 compliance officers, 1 legal counsel and the Head of Legal & Compliance, to whom you report directly.
Your main responsibilities will be to organize and prepare the meetings of the Supervisory Board and its committees, administer the corporate housekeeping of MBE and its branches and to manage the corporate governance framework and the regulatory affairs of MBE. You are able to draft corporate documents and to render effective legal advice and assistance regarding corporate governance, corporate housekeeping and regulatory affairs.
You will draft and review (in-house) corporate contracts, NDA’s, supplier and other third party contracts (including SLA’s) and provide support in respect to any inquiries made by or to group-companies, third parties or regulators. You will also be representing the Legal & Compliance team in large, often international and multi-disciplinary, bank projects on various topics and consultation meetings. Furthermore, you will review and negotiate standard banking documentation, such as loan agreements, credit facilities, security documentation, supporting ISDA documentation and other transaction documentation.
- Master’s degree in Dutch Law, with at least 3 years PQE in a law firm or notary firm
- In-depth knowledge of Dutch corporate law and corporate governance and the ability to advise on matters related to corporate governance and corporate housekeeping
- Experience with reviewing and negotiating corporate contracts as well as standard banking documentation is nice to have
- Experienced in organizing/managing supervisory board meetings and corporate housekeeping
- Strong analytical skills, pro-active, pragmatic and independent worker combined with a (internal) client focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch. Japanese, German and/or Spanish are a plus
- Team player, flexible and punctual
- A challenging legal in-house role within a highly empowered, energetic team
- Working in a dynamic and challenging international environment
- Unique possibilities to learn, to grow and to further develop professional and personal skills
- A parttime position
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Terry Verheij or Christine Hagens, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000 or via our mobile numbers, as listed on our website).