06 feb Dutch Legal Counsel
Our client is multinational industrial company operating on several continents. It’s business is growing, and so is their Legal Department.
For our client we are currently looking for a Legal Counsel (fulltime position) to support their team in, based in the Randstad.
The Legal Counsel is responsible for providing timely, accurate and professional legal support to the supply chain/logistics teams, commercial teams, procurement teams as well as the chartering team in Europe and Asia (EA). This position also ensures all business activities are within the company guidelines, policies and procedures in order to ensure statutory compliance.
A successful candidate has excellent client skills and is able to balance the business needs within the applicable Company policies, regulations and legal risks to facilitate a successful business outcome.
- Providing day-to-day legal advice and support to the business in respect to commercial transactions and manage the compliance risks.
- Review, negotiate, draft and provide advice on commercial, procurement, logistics/supply chain contracts.
- Assist in drafting standard templates, policies, procedures and other legal documents to provide effective and efficient legal counsel.
- Manage external counsel (in different jurisdictions) to assist in legal matters that require additional counsel, to include assessing the quality of the work and cost efficiency.
- Dutch Law Degree (Master Level) – Commercial law or Private law
- 3-5 years of post-qualification experience in a major law firm and/or international corporation
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts in a commercial setting is required
- Fluent in English and Dutch