05 okt Legal Counsel (administrative law) – NOGEPA
In the Netherlands 13 companies which have a license to explore for and produce gas are united in NOGEPA, the Netherlands Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Association. NOGEPA represents the interest of the member companies, both in the Netherlands as well as in Europe, and is contributing towards an open and transparent transition to a fully renewable energy supply in 2050. Energy supply that is safe, reliable, affordable and accepted.
To reach the goals set for the future and to provide legal support to the Association NOGEPA has a dedicated Secretary working closely with representatives from the member companies. Due to the increase of work and changes to the legal department of NOGEPA we are currently seeking to recruit for a Legal Counsel with sound experience of administrative law to join the Secretariat of NOGEPA.
The Legal Counsel at NOGEPA will be solely responsible for a wide variety of matters concerning the protection of the environment, safety, spatial planning, economic and prudent development of natural resources as well as matters related to the transition from natural resources into renewables. The work not only involves providing legal advice or support to the members association, but also taking position of NOGEPA’s members in upcoming legislation, both in the Netherlands as well as in the EU and proactively discuss the next steps in the energy transition with all stakeholders involved.
In this position you will work? closely with the legal counsels of the member companies, , attorneys, stakeholders, the colleagues and Director of the Secretariat as well as the Chair of the Board (Menno Snel).
To be successful in this position you have extensive and proven experience of administrative law gained as an attorney-at-law within an (inter)national law firm, as a legal counsel (within the energy industry), governmental environment or as a judge within an administrative setting. You are able to prepare position papers on behalf of NOGEPA that can be used in discussion with e.g. governmental bodies and you have the right set of negotiating skills, whilst being political sensitive.
The Legal Counsel will have:
- a master degree in Dutch law and at least 10 years working experience;
- extensive and proven experience and knowledge of administrative law, knowledge of the Dutch Mining act and/or competition law is considered a plus;
- strong and proven networking skills and is able to interact with various stakeholders, both commercial as non-profit (governmental) organisations in the Netherlands and the EU;
- the right mindset for working under (time) pressure in a wide variety of areas, some of them being socially sensitive or difficult issues;
- the ability to convince people, develop solutions and alternatives, you don’t take no for answer;
- an open mind, ability to operate independently as well as in a small team;
- excellent oral and writing skills in English and Dutch.
A challenging next step in your career in which you can combine legal skills with many other soft skills (policy making, influencing, convincing etc.) and will have divers contacts with different stakeholders within the industry and governmental bodies. A position with an international focus, flexible working hours, possibility to work 4 days, a small and dedicated team. Working in the heart of the Hague, close-by Den Haag Central Station, competitive renumeration.