09 dec Legal Counsel Fashion Retail – Inditex / Zara Holding
Inditex is one of the world’s largest fashion retailers, operational in both physical stores and online with eight brands: Zara, Pull and Bear, Massimo Dutti, Bershka, Stradivarius, Oysho, Zara Home and Lefties. They together boast more than 6.654 stores in 216 markets. At the same time these brands are growing tremendously online through various platforms.
The Inditex Group consists of more than 200 companies operating in textile design, manufacturing and distribution. The group’s success and its unique business model, based on innovation and flexibility, have made Inditex one of the biggest global fashion retailers.
Its approach to fashion, creativity, quality design and rapid turnaround to adjust to changing market demands, has allowed Inditex to expand internationally at a fast pace and has generated an excellent public response to its retailers’ collections. The first Zara shop opened in 1975 in La Coruña, Spain, a city in which the Inditex Group first began doing business and which is still home to its headquarters. Its stores can now be found in prime locations in more than 400 cities in Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa.
Inditex is looking for a Legal Counsel for its professional team at its head offices in Amsterdam.
Mission and responsibilities
Together with the Senior Legal Counsel based in Amsterdam, the Legal Counsel will handle a variety of legal issues supporting the business of Inditex. The Legal Counsel’s main responsibility is to act as a legal advisor to all companies of the Inditex Group providing practical, business oriented legal advice regarding various areas of law such as: e-commerce, consumer rights, distribution (incl. logistic and transportation), privacy/data protection, licensing, real estate, corporate housekeeping, product launches, retail and/or insurance matters.
- a master degree in Dutch Law;
- at least 4 years of relevant working (legal) experience gained in an international company or an international law firm;
- extensive experience with drafting, assessing and negotiating (commercial) contracts;
- pro-active, hands-on and self-starting;
- commercial, pragmatic and structured approach, combined with the ability to be flexible and creative;
- open-minded personality to be able to work in multidisciplinary and international teams;
- ability to work in a paced, result driven international environment and perform well under changing deadlines;
- fluent in English and Dutch (both spoken and written); Spanish (and knowledge of the Spanish culture) very highly valued;
- willing to travel occasionally to headquarters in Spain.
- working in a fast-paced, creative and result driven international environment;
- the ability to work independently and facilitate decision making processes;
- Spanish language training offer;
- a competitive salary in accordance with the required skills for this position.
Indien je naar aanleiding van bovenstaande in aanmerking zou willen komen voor deze positie of meer informatie zou willen ontvangen, neem dan contact op met Terry Verheij of Michelle Carpentier bij Voxius Executive Search via mail of telefonisch +31 85 488 0000. Discretie is gegarandeerd.