20 sep Legal Counsel Privacy – IKEA
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the IKEA franchisor who continuously develops the IKEA Concept and ensures its implementation in all markets. As IKEA franchisor, the company unites thousands of co-workers and hundreds of companies with different owners all over the world. IKEA is one brand, but it reaches millions of hearts and homes.
All IKEA retailers (with the exception of the IKEA store in Delft, the Netherlands, which is owned by Inter IKEA Systems B.V.) are franchisees and Inter IKEA’s business partners. Today there are more than 400 IKEA stores in countries all over the world, constantly working together to fulfil the IKEA vision: to create a better everyday life for the many people.
The Legal & Governance team at Inter IKEA Systems provides legal support and advice to all Core Business Franchise entities (CBF). Together with colleagues in Business Support (Business Navigation, Risk & Compliance, Procurement, Finance, Business Solutions, Office Operations), the team supports and enables the effective and efficient delivery of business results.
On behalf of the Legal & Governance team we would like to meet with legal professionals with the experience and ambition to work in the Privacy domain.
In the legal counsel Privacy role, you will work alongside other legal professionals in the Legal & Governance team, while focusing on Privacy and/or IT related matters from a legal perspective, as you:
• Advise stakeholders in the business on privacy matters related to the role and assignments of CBF as the IKEA franchisor;
• Act as a knowledgeable and pragmatic sparring partner to the business, providing advice and a proactive and solution-minded approach to privacy, data protection and IT-related compliance around areas like new technology, business initiatives and new media; get involved in the design phase of technology, software or IT developments to ensure data protection is built in;
• Stay abreast of major changes in laws and regulations relating to privacy and IT matters, and support investigations and implementation of adaptive measures; raise and advise on privacy concerns across the organization and assist in formulating privacy compliance programs (GDPR compliance);
• Develop processes and methods concerning Privacy (and related IT matters) and support ways of working from other functional perspectives as well, especially as the organization continues to change;
• Work closely with the business and across functions, and develop and leverage strong networks with legal colleagues in CBF and across IKEA companies;
• Lead and/or contribute to other projects or initiatives that may arise as a result of changes in the organization.
You like the dynamics of a changing and evolving business environment that gives you the unique possibilities to lead your work and grow as a professional. When it comes to realizing goals, you demonstrate a high level of energy and continuously strive for excellence and simplicity. You have a natural interest in people and enjoy collaborating with your colleagues and stakeholders while working in a multinational, forward looking organization.
The role requires a combination of the following skills, capabilities and motivation:
• An academic degree in Dutch law, with 5+ years relevant work experience at a law firm or legal department in a multinational company;
• Privacy related experience (particularly in the EU/EEA), dealing with issues related to cookies, computer networking technology, and/or cyber security. Additional experience in working with IT and general commercial legal matters is highly appreciated;
• Business- and solution- minded professional, curious about legal & compliance in technology and business operations, and willing to learn from and share knowledge with colleagues and co-workers. Practical understanding of how to design and implement global data privacy compliance initiatives, including incident response management processes;
• Integrity and a high degree of confidentiality; able to challenge and present opposing ideas in a constructive, professional manner. Able to prioritize demands from multiple business clients in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication and listening skills – able to translate legal language into actionable, straightforward and practical advice; excellent command of written and spoken English.
You see things a little differently. So does Inter IKEA. Inter IKEA Group of companies invites you to grow in your own way. That could be growing in your position, expanding your horizons or even moving to a new country.
Inter IKEA Group of companies offers an open working environment where everyone feels comfortable to experiment, try new ways and dare to ask: “What if…?” And it offers possibilities for you to develop yourself and your career all around the world.
The world is changing, and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA, though, one thing will always remain the same: the vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. Read more about the company at http://www.franchisor.ikea.com
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Regien Haarbosch or Hielke Bruin at Voxius Executive Search, via email@example.com or phone +31 85 488 0000. Discretion is guaranteed.