12 mei Legal Director Commercial (German Qualified) – ASML
ASML is the world’s leading provider of equipment and services for the semiconductor industry. ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services these advanced systems, which continue to help major semiconductor companies reduce the size and increase the functionality of semiconductors and consumer electronic equipment. With a market cap of over 200 billion Euro, ASML is the largest technology company in Europe.
ASML’s Corporate Legal department is responsible for defining and implementing ASML’s worldwide legal strategy and for ensuring all ASML entities worldwide comply with international laws and regulations. As a dynamic team of 35 highly empowered, business oriented lawyers, their mission is to minimize legal risks and to maximize legal and commercial opportunities for the company’s global business.
On behalf of ASML we seek to recruit a director-level commercial lawyer with a German Law background.
The Legal director will join ASML’s international high-tech environment, supporting the Corporate Legal Department across a broad spectrum of commercial matters (including contracts, deals & disputes), with a focus on ASML’s suppliers, customers and operations in Germany.
The position is primarily based at the ASML HQ in Veldhoven, The Netherlands , with a possibility to work 2 days a week from Germany (location to be discussed). Occasional travel within Europe and to the US and Asia is part of the function. The position reports directly to the Deputy General Counsel responsible for Contracts & Litigation globally.
Your Role would involve:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of strategic contracts, including R&D, Procurement, Sales and Software contracts. These contracts are often of a complex nature with a strong technological and intellectual property component;
- Acting as the main legal business partner for ASML’s Germany-based operations (2000+ employees across Germany);
- Managing dispute & litigation matters in relation to our German operations;
- Driving projects in the area of “Legal Operations”, e.g. improvement processes, and quality enhancing projects like playbook design or ‘traffic lights’;
- Directing law firms for support with German matters;
- Acting as a mentor to the junior lawyers in the broader, international team.
- An academic law degree (German law) and excellent academic credentials
- 15+ years of relevant experience in an international legal/business environment, either as in-house legal counsel or within a law firm
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills
- Commercially oriented and a quick learner
- Flexible, with the ability to take on tasks across various legal areas in parallel
- Highly motivated, pro-active and service oriented
- Able to clearly communicate and explain legal issues to non-legal clients
- Tech and business savvy
- Able to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- A motivated and enthusiastic team player that can at the same time be a leader
- Proficient in (business) English & German
Working in a highly successful and truly global operating Legal department, performing in a complex and fast changing world of systems and processes. An excellent career opportunity for a top performing, commercially minded lawyer with a passion for technology.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Hielke Bruin, Harm Cammel or Judith van Haersma Buma at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000, or via each consultants mobile number as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed.