20 sep Senior Compliance Officer – Ingenico
This is an exciting time to join Ingenico! Ingenico connects merchants and consumers, enabling businesses everywhere to go further beyond today’s boundaries and creating the future of global commerce. It is a rapidly growing, international company, and they are looking for passionate and talented legal & compliance professionals to be a part of that journey!
The primary purposes of the Ingenico ePayments Compliance Department are the following:
• Embedding compliance with laws, regulations, business principles, rules of conduct, customer agreements and established good business practices in every aspect of the organization (e.g. governance, strategy, people, processes, policies, culture, communication);
• Establishing and maintaining effective compliance risk management and control systems, including monitoring and reporting;
• Providing timely advice to the organization on relevant changes in the compliance and regulatory environment;
• Embedding and promoting integrity within the organization and with its employees.
The main function of the Compliance Officer is to stay abreast of all applicable regulatory regimes and other industry requirements that may have an impact on Ingenico payments’ business. This includes payments industry compliance obligations and best practices throughout the company and, to a limited extent, the company’s merchant partners.
The Compliance Officer will report directly to the Compliance Manager. The Compliance team is part of the broader Legal, Compliance and Data Protection department, which consists of professionals who are tasked with mitigating company legal & compliance risks and raising awareness of legal & compliance obligations.
Deliverables / Tasks
• To stay abreast of regulatory and industry standards and requirements through legal research and assessment of relevant notices and updates;
• To keep the relevant policies and procedures with regard to regulatory obligations and requirements from card acquirers and other suppliers up-to-date;
• To write, implement and maintain compliance programs (in-house as well as for client base, meaning vertical-specific compliance requirements);
• To maintain an expert understanding of industry compliance obligations (regulatory and industry compliance);.
• To embed a strong compliance culture within the company, to include maintaining a company-wide training and awareness program for compliance issues;
• To perform risk analysis on the compliance and reputational risks coming from contractual relations that Ingenico ePayments has with card acquirers and other payment product suppliers;
• To continually seek out opportunities necessary to facilitate in-depth understanding of industry compliance obligations (regulatory and industry compliance);
• To advise the Compliance Manager on possible systemic and procedural improvements to mitigate risks inherent in compliance with applicable requirements and standards;
• To support ongoing monitoring of implemented mitigating controls and waivers requested for merchant agreements;
• To report to the Compliance Manager and other relevant internal stakeholders when high risk compliance issues are identified;
• Other tasks assigned by the Compliance Manager.
• University degree in Dutch law or equivalent
• At least 4-7 years of experience in a similar role in a multi-cultural, global business environment in the financial services industry
• Strong knowledge of relevant supervision laws a.o. PSD2, Wft, Wwft, Sanctions laws
• Risk management experience is a strong plus
• Research experience involving cross-border regulatory requirements or other multi-jurisdictional obligations. Research experience demonstrating knowledge of the payment or financial services industries a plus. Knowledge of card scheme rules is preferred
• Project management skills (change management) a strong plus
• Interest in e-Commerce and/or online transfers or transactions.
• Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
This is a full time position with a fast growing fintech company based in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply or to receive further information, please contact Regien Haarbosch or Remco Feuth via email@example.com or call +31 85 4880000.