06 aug Senior Legal Counsel Finance – SBM Offshore
SBM Offshore is a global leader in floating production and mooring systems, and production operations as well as terminals and services. Group companies employ approximately 6,000 people worldwide, including contractors, which are spread over offices in key markets, operational shore bases, the offshore fleet of vessels and construction yards. SBM Offshore is committed to conducting business in a sustainable way over the long-term by developing close relationships with local people, communities and businesses in host countries, and by safeguarding the natural environment. Corporate headquarters is located at Amsterdam (Schiphol).
Within the wider legal community in SBM Offshore, the Corporate Legal team has a dedicated focus on corporate legal advice world-wide. Furthermore, the team provides expert legal advice in relation to all corporate finance initiatives, such as project financing, bonds and treasury activities.
As Senior Legal Counsel Finance within the SBM Offshore headquarters you are positioned within a challenging and international environment. You will work on a variety of legal projects in support of the Chief Governance and Compliance Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Legal Director Corporate. Internally you will be working with many functions worldwide and in a tandem with Corporate Finance, externally you will liaise with banks, lawyers and joint venture partners. In this role you will report directly to the Legal Director Corporate.
In cooperation with and guided by the Legal Director Corporate you will be part of a centre of excellence, promoting cross-functional collaboration. You will be the assigned legal counsel on various project finance and corporate finance initiatives. You will work in close cooperation with Corporate Finance, in respect of syndicated and bilateral finance documentation (LMA, bonds) and Treasury, in respect of treasury management activities (such as bank guarantee facilities, intercompany loans and cash pool arrangements).
- Seasoned in-house lawyer with at least 6 years of hands-on experience in Banking / Finance Law (LMA documentation)
- Gained within a reputable firm and/or larger international company
- Experience with cross- functional and cross-cultural cooperation
- Experience with leading complex financial structuring projects
- Well-developed legal and drafting skills, preferably experience with English-law governed contracts
- Flexibility to travel
- Truly international working environment
- Challenging and dynamic market
- Frequent exposure to senior (finance) management, different countries and cultures
- Unique access to Board Room decision making
- Inspiring helicopter view of SBM Offshore’s business
- Opportunity to broaden your skills and to gain business experience
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Friso van Deursen or Christine Hagens, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000 or via our mobile numbers, as listed on our website).