26 aug Senior Legal Counsel – Nexperia
Nexperia is a leading expert in the high-volume production of essential semiconductors (‘chips’), components that are required by every electronic design in the world. The company’s extensive portfolio includes diodes, bipolar transistors, ESD protection devices, MOSFETs, GaN FETs and analog & logic ICs. Nexperia is the former Standard Products business unit of NXP Semiconductors, previously Philips Semiconductors.
Headquartered in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, and with front-end factories in Hamburg, Germany and Greater Manchester, England, Nexperia annually ships more than 100 billion products (about 10% of the annual global chips production, with annual revenues growing towards $2 Billion), all meeting the stringent standards set by the automotive and other industries. With decades of experience in supplying to the world’s leading companies, Nexperia has over 12,000 employees across Asia, Europe and the US.
Nexperia’s Global Legal & IP team consists of six professionals in Nijmegen, Hong Kong and Shanghai, who work closely together in an excellent spirit. On behalf of Nexperia, we seek to recruit an experienced Legal counsel with a generalist, hands on cooperative mindset.
The senior Legal counsel will join Nexperia’s international high-tech environment, defining and implementing the company’s worldwide Legal strategy. You will be supporting all global businesses across a broad spectrum of commercial, compliance and governance matters, including (but not limited to) global sales & procurement contracts, deals and disputes, contract management, litigation and material claim handling, data protection, governance and ethics, etc.
The position is primarily based at the Nexperia HQ in Nijmegen, The Netherlands, with some post-COVID flexibility in working from home. Occasional travel within Europe and to the US and Asia can be part of the function. The position reports directly to the General Counsel.
- An academic law degree, and at least 8-12 years of relevant experience in an international legal/business environment, either as in-house legal counsel or within a law firm;
- Able to deal with a high workload and determined to achieve high-quality, business-oriented results;
- Commercially oriented and a quick learner: can take rational but bold decisions under time pressure and is comfortable with complicated matters
- Understands the organizational principles; able to clearly communicate and explain legal issues to non-legal clients;
- Tech and business savvy; strongly developed business sense and sees the big picture;
- Tough on the matter, soft on the person in conflict situations; able to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Comfortable in taking the lead and take calculated risks;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Working in a highly successful and truly global operating Legal department, performing in the complex and fast changing world of semiconductor systems and processes. An excellent career opportunity for a top performing, commercially minded lawyer with a passion for technology.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Regien Haarbosch or Judith van Haersma Buma at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone. Discretion is guaranteed.