26 jan Senior Legal Counsel – PGGM
PGGM is a nonprofit cooperative pension administration organization. The services it provides for its clients include pension management, asset management and management consultancy. PGGM is also committed to a livable world, healthy working environments and ageing vitally.
As of 31 December 2021, PGGM manages €291 billion of pension assets and administers the pensions of 4.4 million participants. PGGM invests these assets through public markets (including publicly traded shares and bonds) and private markets categories (real estate, infrastructure projects, private equity and credit and insurance-related products) in a global context.
As senior legal counsel within the Tax, Legal & Regulatory (TLR) – private markets department, you will be responsible for the legal supervision of private market investments. Depending on the type of transaction experience you have, your primary focus will be on one of the above-mentioned private markets categories, with the possibility of broadening your focus to other categories and/or the asset management organization in a broader sense.
You will work in a team with 5 very experienced (international) transaction lawyers within private markets (part of the wider TLR department with a total of 15 lawyers, tax specialists and support), but on an independent basis on the investments. You will work closely and intensively together with experienced and driven investment teams and directors to achieve successful investments (in which you will be involved both commercially and legally). You will then contribute to the performance and management of the investment once it is in the portfolio. You will instruct top law firms. Due to the nature and size of the transactions (usually between EUR 100-650 million) PGGM invests all over the world, with a strong international dynamic.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience as a transaction lawyer with a reputable law firm or as a corporate lawyer in an international setting;
Experience in M&A, joint venture, fund, real estate, (general or structured) finance and/or capital market transactions;
- Independent, enthusiastic, solid and ethical personality, able to step outside the ‘comfort zone’ to develop new knowledge and capabilities and manage multiple projects and investments simultaneously for the various private market categories and commercial teams;
- Commercial and result-oriented attitude, able to give practical and clear advice and to translate (external) legal advice into internal decision-making;
- Demonstrable experience and affinity with negotiating at the cutting edge;
- Demonstrable experience in setting up, assessing and negotiating transaction structures and documentation;
- Team oriented, gets energy from working with investment teams;
- Fluent in English and can express yourself well in writing.
A very rare international in-house role as a transaction lawyer with 5 driven and enthusiastic transaction lawyers in which your work is varied and you can direct the role you fulfil yourself. A unique opportunity to be close to the commercial side of things and to be an essential part of the success of the investment strategy. We also offer an environment with great development opportunities, both on a personal level and in terms of content in a broad sense. A focus on ‘work-life’ balance. Offices in a central location. Good terms of employment.