Team Lead Legal – NedapNedap is a high-tech company that creates high-quality, innovative hardware and software products. On behalf of Nedap we seek to recruit a Team Lead Legal to provide operational leadership to the legal team.
Nedap’s headquarters are located on the inspiring campus in Groenlo
Nedap is a high-tech company that creates high-quality, innovative hardware and software products. The company is passionate about the development and supply of Technology for Life: technological solutions that make people more comfortable and successful in their professional lives. Nedap N.V. has a workforce of over 900 employees and operates on a global scale. The company was founded in 1929 and has been listed on Euronext Amsterdam since 1947.
Nedap’s headquarters are located on the inspiring campus in Groenlo, where more than 800 specialists in design, engineering, software development, finance, HRM, project management, marketing and sales work together on the development of new technology. Nedap believes in personal freedom and autonomy. You are expected to take the lead in your own life and work and in order to stimulate entrepreneurship. The business is organized in various business units, each one active in their own market: Healthcare, Retail, Identification Systems, Security Management, Light Controls, Staffing Solutions and Livestock Management.
On behalf of Nedap we seek to recruit a Team Lead Legal to provide operational leadership to the legal team. The role will report to the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary.
The Team Lead Legal will play a critical part in aligning legal strategies with business objectives
The Legal department has the ambition to be trusted legal business partners for the Nedap market groups. The Team Lead Legal ensures that the team works proactively and effectively with other departments while respecting Nedap’s entrepreneurial culture. Therefore, the Team Lead Legal will play a critical part in aligning legal strategies with business objectives. Additionally, the Team Lead facilitates a positive and enjoyable working environment. He/she works closely with the General Counsel to prepare and implement the legal strategy. This provides the opportunity for further development in the areas of strategic planning and legal management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze complex legal issues, identify legal risks and provide practical solutions;
- Take responsibility as a manager and lead the team to success. Guide, mentor, develop and inspire legal professionals;
- Prioritize legal matters and respond in a timely and accurate manner;
- Build strong relationships with various departments within the organization as a strategic partner. Understand business objectives and translate legal needs into pragmatic solutions;
- Project management: managing multiple projects, ensuring deadlines objectives are met;
- Contract negotiation and management: oversee the drafting, negotiation and review of variety of contracts, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and improve contracting processes;
- Develop compliance and legal programs and provide training to employees to enhance awareness;
- Monitor legal trends and developments.
To be successful in this position you will at least have:
- Dutch Master’s degree in law; at least 5 years of experience as an in-house lawyer;
- Preferably experience and/or affinity with a technical environment or comparable. Knowledge of technology related contracts like SaaS and distribution contracts is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of commercial law, contract negotiation, intellectual property and data privacy. Experience with contract and project management;
- Self-propelling individual, who takes initiative, excellent communicator, problem solver, solid judgment and analytical skills;
- Natural fit in an informal work culture based on strong relationships;
- Excellent leadership, execution power and ability to bring structure to the team;
- Connective, positive and persuasive personality focused on collaboration and growth;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey complex legal concepts to non-legal stakeholders.
Opportunity to work from home/hybrid on a regular basis
An excellent opportunity for a senior legal professional who enjoys combining a role as a manager/lead and cooperate with the team to furthering strengthening their role as business partners. Nedap trusts in the diversity of people and organizations. Creativity, technological knowledge and boundless curiosity about what makes people successful are the most important pillars of Nedap.
Due to the coaching role for the team and acting as a sparring partner for the General Counsel, it is important that the Team Lead is present at the office in Groenlo for on average 3 days a week. Nedap also understands that flexibility is important and offers the opportunity to work from home/hybrid on a regular basis in consultation. Good employment conditions.